Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Kat Von D Project Chimps Everlasting Liquid Lipstick Swatch and Review| August 2016

Today I'll be reviewing the new limited edition Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Project Chimps. This lipstick is .22 oz. and retails for $20 (you can get the shade here). 20% of the retail price goes to benefit Project Chimps, an organization that gives chimps used for biomedical research a life of freedom and sanctuary. You can visit the Project Chimps site and learn more about the cause here. Now onto the product itself!



Here's swatches of the lipstick.
Swatched in artificial light
Swatched in sunlight
Comparison swatches to other red lipsticks I own
The formulation is incredible. The lipstick has a very faint "cosmetic" scent but it cannot be smelled after application. The applicator is very small and makes it quite easy to get a sharp line. The color is opaque and I only need one dip to get full coverage on my lips. It's a warm red (more orange than blue) and I think the shade would be stunning on any skintone.

I thought I'd also mention that this lipstick is vegan. So if the shade or the charity aspect doesn't convince you enough to immediately pick this up... I can't wait to wear this for fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment