Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Lip Set Swatch and Review | August 2016

Hello once again! Today I have one of the new Sephora Favorites sets! This is the Give Me More Lip set and it retails for $28 (Sephora says it is a $97 value). Inside are two full size and four deluxe size products (I have provided links for the set and the individual products below). Let's take a look!


Here are the products. In order from left to right, the first product is the Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment. This is a sample size at .07 oz. (full size is .15 oz. for $24 here, estimated value $12). This smelled DIVINE. It had a very authentic lemon cake smell and it was very moisturizing. I'm excited to use this during the winter months.

The next product is the Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Chihuahua. This is a sample size at .16 oz. (full size is .4 oz. for $21 here, estimated value $7). At first the color looked very orange/brown and I was not happy. Then after it dried a bit it turned into a beautiful pink. Be aware though this lipstick doesn't dry all the way down and will transfer.

Up next is the first full size product! This is one of the new Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipsticks and it comes in the shade Stepping Out. This is .13 oz. and is $24 here. I think this shade would look great on any skintone. Right now this shade is out of stock on Sephora so that should tell you something about this product and shade! The formula is completely opaque and it wears down very naturally throughout the day.

Here is the full size you get with this set. This is the new Lancome Juicy Shaker in the shade 313 Boom-Meringue. This is .22 oz. and is $21 here. I was excited to try this but the product is odd. All it really is is a moisturizing gloss. The pigment doesn't really show up. I like this as a lip topper or by itself but I honestly don't think this is worth the price. It smells sugary and isn't sticky but I'm sure you could find something similar at the drugstore.

Following that is the (in)famous NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien. This is a sample size at .05 oz. (full size at .07 oz. for $26 here, estimated value $18). Now I call this infamous because this is the only shade they ever give out! This was last years Sephora birthday gift and it has also been featured in other sets or as a sample/point perk. I love these but I wish this was a different color. I gave it to my mom as soon as I opened the set (I swatched the one I already own). As for the product it is an opaque gloss. Very shimmery/shiny. I love them.

And finally we have the Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Lovecraft. This is a sample size at .04 oz. (full size is .1 oz. for $21 here, estimated value $5). I was very excited to finally try out this lipstick. It smells like vanilla and is extremely creamy. The color was also beautiful too.

Here's the swatches both indoor and outdoor.
Swatches in artificial light
Swatches in sunlight
Overall my estimated value was $87. That's a lot closer than I thought it would be! I definitely think this set is worth the money if you love mauve/pink nudes or if you want to try out these different formulas. As of now you can still pick this set up here! Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment