Tuesday, June 7, 2016

ipsy Bag | April 2016 Review

Time for more ipsy!

The month's bag is an adorable tie dye type of print.

 

This month's them is Dreamers.
 
 
 
Here's a look at all my products this month.
 
 

Product 1: Wildly Whipped Soft Matte Lip Color in Centerfold from Buxom
estimated $8 value, sample size at .06 oz. (full size at .16 oz. for $21)



This is beautiful! I have always wanted to try Buxom products but they are so expensive so I've never tried any of their products. I'm very happy with product! The color is an opaque dusty rose that doesn't wash me out. It appears semi-matte after it dries down but it does transfer. This smells like vanilla too!
 
Final thoughts: I love this! The price is a little up there for me but I did enjoy this product a lot. Maybe I'll purchase more when I see a sale?
 
Product 2: Just Blending In Brush from L.A.B.² - Live and Breathe Beauty
$7 value, full size

 
I wish I would get a face brush one day however this brush is incredible! It's so soft and it blends my eyeshadow flawlessly. This is one of the few brushes that will blend out my creamier eyeshadows.
 
Final thoughts: I would love to check out more from this brand. If their other brushes are as cheap and performs as well as this one I will definitely check them out.

Product 3Moroccan Argan Oil & Keratin Hair Serum from Nth Degree
estimated $2 value, sample size at .34 oz. (full size at 3.4 oz. for $14)

 
I'm not so sure what to do with this. I tried this on the ends of my hair but it doesn't seem to do anything? Maybe I need to use it more frequently to see results? It smells good though.
 
Final thoughts: I guess I need to keep trying this. I don't have anything negative to say but I don't have anything positive either.
 
Product 4Bright Eyes Eye Enhancing Eyeliner from Skinn Cosmetics
$18 value, full size at .01 oz.



This intrigued me. I like the idea of larger eyes but I wasn't sure how this would look. I actually quite enjoy this! It's smooth and stays on my waterline the whole day. It helps me look more awake if that makes sense.
 
Final thoughts: This is super expensive to me but I like how it performs. I'll never run out of this so I'm quite happy with this.

Product 5Lip + Cheek Pencil in Mystic from NUDESTIX
$24 value, full size at .08 oz.
 


I love lip products so I was excited for another one in my bag! I've seen this in Sephora before but never bothered because of the price. This is full size without the sharpener and I think you get a tin as well if you buy it elsewhere. That doesn't bother me though. It's a very moisturizing product and looks so pretty on the lips. This is a bit deeper and far shinier than the Buxom lipstick.

Final thoughts: Love it, just not the price. I always find that that's the usual issue when I like a product from ipsy. I'll be waiting for the annual Sephora discounts to try more out.

This month's bag has a value of about $59. I enjoyed everything but the hair oil (I didn't hate it though) so this month was a hit for me!

Maybe I'll try out some of these brands soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment