Tuesday, June 7, 2016

ipsy Bag | March 2016 Review

I'm back with another (late) ipsy review! Let's get right into it!
 
The bag is very cute and had me so excited for spring.
 


The theme this month is Hello Spring!
 

 
Quick description: ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription service that includes five products and is only $10 a month for those in the U.S. (plus shipping if you live in Canada or in a state that has one of their warehouses). If you want a more in-depth description of what it is, you can go to my first post about ipsy here.
 
And here's a preview of this month's products!


Product 1: Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco 3 Day Smooth Perfect Blow Dry Cream from Marc Anthony
Estimated $2 value, sample size at 1.69 oz. (full size at 6.76 oz. for $9)

 

I enjoyed the last Marc Anthony product I received so I was interested in seeing what this would do. It smells fantastic and actually helped get rid of frizz without weighing down my hair. That's rare for me so this was great!
 
Final thoughts: This product is actually pretty cheap so I'm definitely thinking of repurchasing! It's hard to find products that tame my extremely frizzy hair AND won't feel greasy or heavy.
 

Product 2: Lotus Eyeshadow in Clover from Vera Mona
estimated $8 value, "full size" at .05 oz.
 

 
 

It was difficult trying to figure out the price for this ipsy listed this as a travel size of the eyeshadow. When I looked on the Vera Mona website the only eyeshadows available were in a palette. I thought that was weird that the palette shadows were less than half of the sample I got (at .02 oz.) but whatever. Anyways the shade is gorgeous. Such a perfect peach shade for all over the lid. The downside is after an entire day out the shadow nearly disappeared from my lid (with primer).
 
Final thoughts: Love the shade and pigmentation but sadly this does not have lasting power on my lids even with my UD Primer Potion. It's a pass for me.

Product 3: Beauty Blush Duo in Rose Gold from Pixi by Petra
estimated $6 value, sample size at .16 oz. (full size at .36 oz. for $18)



This is actually so beautiful! This isn't really a blush duo but more of a highlighter/blush topper duo. I've heard good things about this brand but I was actually very shocked by this! This isn't a super intense highlight but it does give a nice glow and it's currently my go-to for my everyday makeup.
 
Final thoughts: I would definitely recommend this. The price is good in my opinion because you get a ton of product and a brush. I would love to see more from this brand in future ipsy bags (or maybe I'll go looking for their stuff at Target).

Product 4: Super Shiner Buffer from Margaret Dabbs London
$10 value, full size


This is really ridiculous to me. It's just a nail file that doesn't do anything. No shining and no filing. It just sits on top of my makeup organizer for no reason.
 
Final thoughts: This was a huge miss for me. If it actually did something I still wouldn't be that impressed because I can get one of these (that actually works) from my local dollar store. Oh well...
 

Product 5: Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Kitten Heels from NYX Cosmetics
$7 value, full size at .13 oz.



The last product was not great but I LOVE this! NYX is such an underrated brand to me. I love their matte lipsticks and lip creams so I knew I was going to like this. It's a perfect classic red shade and dries down to a nice satin finish. Love this!

Final thoughts: It's from NYX, full sized, and has a nice formula! What's not to like?

What was ipsy worth this month? All my products this month are valued around $33 so it's pretty low this month. However, compared to last month's bag this was better because I only hated one product and the rest were pretty great. Hoping next month's bag is even better!

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment